Yisong Yue, Assistant Professor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, is a recipient of the Bloomberg Data Science Research Grant Program. The program aims to support cutting-edge research in the broad field of machine learning, including specific areas such as natural language processing, information retrieval, machine-translation and deep neural networks. Professor Yue has proposed to study an alternative notion of interpretability, which he calls “dynamic interpretability”. The goal of dynamically interpretable models is to make predictions that are interpretable, rather than have the model itself be explicitly interpretable. With this alternative goal, one can circumvent much of the inherent tension between accuracy and traditional “static” interpretability, and move one step closer to interpretable production-strength models.[Bloomberg release]
- September 19, 2017 4:00 PM Resnick Distinguished Lecture by Professor Zeev Gross, Schulich Faculty of Chemistry at Technion – Israel Institute of Technology Noyes 153 (J. Holmes Sturdivant Lecture Hall)
- September 21, 2017 11:30 AM Rigorous Systems Research Group Speaker: Mohammad Hajiesmaili Annenberg 213
- September 29, 2017 12:00 PM Linde Institute/SISL Seminar: Mihai Manea Speaker: Mihai Manea Baxter 125
- October 2, 2017 9:30 AM The Resnick Young Investigators Symposium Ramo Auditorium
- October 2, 2017 4:00 PM Keller Colloquium in Computing and Mathematical Sciences Speaker: Professor George Papanicolaou Annenberg 105
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.