Alumnus Sébastien Candel (PhD '72) has been elected as president of the French Academy of Sciences (Académie des sciences, Institut de France). The Academy, which was created in 1666, is committed to the advancement of science and advises government authorities on scientific issues. Candel obtained his PhD in mechanical engineering and applied mathematics from Caltech and is a receipient of the Caltech Distinguished Alumni Award for his contributions to aerospace. [Caltech story] [Candel's Marble Lecture]
- September 21, 2017 11:30 AM Rigorous Systems Research Group Speaker: Mohammad Hajiesmaili Annenberg 213
- September 29, 2017 12:00 PM Linde Institute/SISL Seminar: Mihai Manea Speaker: Mihai Manea Baxter 125
- October 2, 2017 9:30 AM The Resnick Young Investigators Symposium Ramo Auditorium
- October 2, 2017 4:00 PM Keller Colloquium in Computing and Mathematical Sciences Speaker: Professor George Papanicolaou Annenberg 105
- October 4, 2017 4:00 PM Finance Seminar: Bernard Herskovic, UCLA Speaker: Bernard Herskovic Baxter B125
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.