Alumnus Sébastien Candel (PhD '72) has been elected as president of the French Academy of Sciences (Académie des sciences, Institut de France). The Academy, which was created in 1666, is committed to the advancement of science and advises government authorities on scientific issues. Candel obtained his PhD in mechanical engineering and applied mathematics from Caltech and is a receipient of the Caltech Distinguished Alumni Award for his contributions to aerospace. [Caltech story] [Candel's Marble Lecture]
- July 20, 2017 8:00 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Adam Lichtl Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- July 20, 2017 8:45 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Solange Ramírez Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- July 27, 2017 8:00 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Jorge Moreno Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- July 27, 2017 8:45 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Talulah Riley Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- August 3, 2017 8:00 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Jessica Watkins Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.