James L. Beck, George W. Housner Professor of Engineering and Applied Science, Emeritus, has been selected by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Engineering Mechanics Institute to receive the 2017 George W. Housner Structural Control and Monitoring Medal “For his exceptional and influential scholarship in structural monitoring and control research, and for his leadership in tackling uncertainty and model complexity through probabilistic approaches with emphasis on Bayesian methods.”
- October 23, 2017 4:00 PM Deconstructing the Neural Dynamics of Anticipation Speaker: Sotiris Masmanidis Beckman Behavioral Biology B180
- October 24, 2017 12:00 PM IST LUNCH BUNCH Speaker: Lior Pachter Annenberg 105
- October 24, 2017 3:00 PM IQI Weekly Seminar Speaker: Yinan Li Annenberg 107
- October 24, 2017 4:00 PM CMI Seminar Speaker: Rohit Gurjar Annenberg 314
- October 25, 2017 10:00 AM TCS+ talk Speaker: Seth Pettie Annenberg 308
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.